health care accrediting organization
Posted: November 17th, 2022
Unit I Essay
For this assignment, pick one health care accrediting organization, which includes, but is not limited to, the following items:
- Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC),
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA),
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF),
- Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP),
- The Joint Commission,
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), and
- National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC).
In a minimum of two pages, describe the health information management accrediting organization that you have selected. Your essay should include the following items:
- an introduction that includes the purpose of the organization;
- the field of health care upon which they focus;
- an overview of requirements to be met to meet the accrediting standards;
- programs that they may offer;
- differences from other health accrediting organizations;
- legislation, if any, guiding their efforts; and
- the reason this organization is, or could be, of interest to you in your professional endeavors.
Your essay should be at least two pages in length, plus a title page and a reference page. Be sure to include at least two sources. Use APA formatting.